Health Benefits of Vitamin C
November 19th, 2017
Did you know that in the state of sickness and stress your body burns vitamin C at an accelerating rate? This means that vitamin C is actually the most important nutrients for your body for all the times. That also implies that intake of vitamin c is as much essential for you as going to sleep at night at rejuvenating the body. Enlighten yourself with the vital health benefits of vitamin C to know its importance for your health.
Notable Health Benefits of Vitamin C:
- It possesses antioxidant properties that are essential for your body to get rid of the free radicals.
- Vitamin C also serves as a nutrient to treat chronic illnesses such as cancer.
- Vitamin C acts as a precautionary medicine too. It prevents cold and the severe health conditions related to it; pneumonia and influenza. It blocks the development of scurvy and red spots on legs. In any case, it aids in treating diseases namely; asthma, chest cold, lung and urine infections.
- Not only it strengthens the immune system and teeth and gums, it armors the body against the viruses. Also, the white blood cells require a rich quantity of vitamin C to function highly as defenders against harmful invaders.
- The formation of a protein called collagen requires a healthy amount of vitamin C too. Collagen is responsible for healing scarring and slowing down the aging process and the aches that come with it and ensures a healthy skin. Collagen is also essential for firm skin not only on the face to keep you looking younger, but also on the body to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- It ensures the decrease in the level of risks of developing gout and stroke.
- With a regular intake of Vitamin C, an overall improvement in physical performance can be observed.
All these benefits suggest that your diet must be rich in vitamin C. Avoid smoking and drinking which deplete your body of vitamin C and enjoy fresh fruits (oranges, papayas, grapefruit) and raw vegetables (capsicum, cabbage and broccoli).
For topical application to feed the skin directly with vitamin C, try the Sothys Ultra-C Dermobooster for a firmer skin, even skin tone and clear & bright skin.